This is a pumpkin obsession post. If you are looking for some good pumpkin recipes, you will find them here!
If you like pumpkin and you like cheesecake, yer gonna love this. The first time I ever made this cheesecake, I dropped it all over the base of my fridge and floor as I was taking it out of the fridge. I cried. Then I ate it off the floor. What. I picked off most of the cat hair. Stupid spring form pan! Rookie mistake.
This is how I make this luscious, crack free cheesecake without dropping the entire thing on the floor.
Get all your stuff together. I gather all my ingredients and tools. Bowls, mixer, measuring cups/spoons. I make sure I also have a grocery bag near to throw all my trash. Crack my eggs into a bowl.
Then I get my spring form pan ready. Line the bottom with a double layer of foil and at least 1 inch up the sides. Set it in an ‘ole roasting pan. Then I preheat my oven.
Melt a stick of butter. I put the stick of butter in a bowl and microwave it for 40 seconds. I throw some graham crackers in a food processor to make crumbs. You need almost a full package. I put the crumbs in a bowl.
Add sugar and cinnamon to crumbs. The recipe called for brown sugar. I didn’t have any so I used raw sugar instead.
Mix until all the crumbs are incorporated with butter.
Pour ‘em in the pan.
Press it down with a glass or something with a flat bottom.
Make the filling. Mix sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Cream cheese has to be room temperature or it will end up lumpy.
Add a galunck of vanilla and mix.
Add a couple spoonfulls of flour and mix again.
Take a spatula to the sides of the bowl to get the crap off the sides.
Pour it into the pan,
and use a spatula to even it out.
Take some hot water and carefully pour it into the pan. I used 4 cups here.
Bake for 55 minutes. Then crack open the door, turn the oven off, and let it sit in there for an hour.
***The water bath and cracking the oven door help keep it from cracking all over the place.
Take it out out of the oven and remove the foil. Place it on a baking sheet and refrigerate (overnight is best, 4 hours minimum). If you do not place it on the baking sheet, you may be eating it off the floor later.
***Also, word on the street is that this freezes nicely. Bring it to room temp, cover it with saran wrap & foil and freeze. Unthaw it in the fridge 24 hours prior and let it sit out for at least 1 hour prior to serving.
Cutta slice. Dollip with some whipped cream and sprinkle on some cinnamon and viola!
- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (almost an entire package)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick melted salted butter
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (15-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter. Mix well. Press down flat into a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.
- Pour into crust. Spread out evenly. Add hot water to roasting pan. Bake for 55 minutes, turn oven off, then crack open the door. Let it sit in there for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (overnight is best).
Adapted from Paula Deen/Food Network
Smell Good Kitchen http://smellgoodkitchen.com/
Here are 100 more delicious pumpkin recipes from some of my favorite blogs, cooks, chefs, and websites!
1. Silky Smooth Pumpkin Pie – Smitten Kitchen
2. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies – Two Fat Cats Bakery
3. Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake – The First Year
4. Pumpkin & Goat Cheese Risotto – Giada De Laurentiis
5. Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Icing – Recipe Girl
6. Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie – Kraft
7. Pumpkin Angel Food Cake – Taste of Home
8. Super-Simple Pumpkin Tiramisu – Epicurious
9. Best Homemade Pumpkin Spiced Latte – Inspired Taste
10. Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes – Pinch My Salt
11. Pumpkin Granola – Two Peas and Their Pod
12. Pumpkin Pecan Tassies – Better Homes & Gardens
13. Light Pumpkin Panna Cotta – Holly Chute
14. Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie – Eating Well
15. Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Spicy Caramel Apple Sauce and Vanilla Bean Creme Anglaise – Bobby Flay
16. Pumpkin Biscotti with Hazlenuts – Cooking & Beer
17. Pumpkin Ice Cream Cake – Food & Recipes
18. Pumpkin Mousse – Fun & Food Cafe
19. Creamy Pumpkin Pie Bars – Joy the Baker
20. Pumpkin Cake with Brown Butter Icing – Martha Stewart
21. Pumpkin Coffee Cake – Recipe Girl
22. Pumpkin Cream Pie – The Pioneer Woman
23. Layered Pumpkin Dessert – Kraft
24. Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend – The Rising Spoon (I know not actually pumpkin, but I couldn’t resist!)
25. Frosted Pumpkin Bars – Kitchen Runway
26. Cinnamon Sugared Donut Holes – Cook & Be Merry
27. Pumpkin Streusel Muffins – Gluten Free Fix
28. Baked Pumpkin French Toast – Two Peas and Their Pod
29. Spiced Pumpkin Bread – The Moveable Feast
30. Chipotle Pumpkin Soup – Simply Recipes
31. Pumpkin Butter – Skinny Taste
32. Pumpkin Spice Caramels – Fifteen Spatulas
33. Pumpkin Fritters – Half Baked
34. Pumpkin Funnel Cake – Dine & Dish
35. Spicy Pumpkin Butter Gingerbread Beignets – Luna Cafe
36. Sweet Pumpkin Strudel – Michael Symon
37. Sweet Potato & Pumpkin Casserole – Very Best Baking
38. Spicy Pumpkin Bars – Pillsbury
39. Pumpkin Cheesecake Monkey Bread – Sarah’s Cucina Bella
40.. Pumpkin Gratin By Jacques Pepin – Epicurious
41. Chocolate & Pumpkin Pie Shortbread Bars – Picky Palate
42. Pumpkin Flan – Bitchin Camero
43. Pumpkin Scones – The Shoe Box Kitchen
44.. Pumpkin Spice French Macarons – Pixie Crust
45. Pumpkin Sheet Cake – Taste of Home
46. Vegan Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream – Tasty Yummies
47. Dairy Free Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts – King Arthur Flour
48. Pumpkin Bread – Simply Recipes
49. Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – Oh Lady Cakes
50. Pumpkin Ginger Pancakes with Ginger Butter – Sunset
51. Pumpkin Cheesecake Cake – Recipe Girl -
52. Pumpkin Almond Cannoli – Inato Lang Filipino Cuisine & More
53. Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate – Cookies & Cups
54. Roasted Pumpkin with Shallots & Sage – Martha Stewart
55. Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Bread – Cooking Classy
56. Pumpkin Crepes – Full Time Foodie
57. Baked Pumpkin Cinnamon Doughnuts – King Arthur Flour
58. Pumpkin Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce and Pecans – Julia’s Album
59. Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Spread – Pinch My Salt
60. Overnight Pumpkin Monkey Bread with Maple Cream Cheese Icing – Barbara Bakes
61. Easy Whole Grain Pumpkin-Banana Bread – King Arthur Flour
62. Pumpkin Cookies with Brown Butter Icing – Brown Eyed Baker
63. Pumpkin Cranberry Bread – Joy of Baking
64. Pumpkin Spice Macaroons – Better Homes & Gardens
65. Thai-Spiced Pumpkin Soup – 101 Cookbooks
66. Peanut Butter Pumpkin Muffins-Gluten Free & Vegan – Family Fresh Cooking
67. Cranberry Pumpkin Bread – Taste of Home
68. Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi – Simply Recipes
69. Pumpkin Souffle – Kacey’s Kitchen
70. Pumpkin Chai Latte – Texanerin Baking
71. The Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Cheesecake – Chef Pablo
72. LIBBY’S Famous Pumpkin Pie – Very Best Baking
73. Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle – Paula Deen
74. Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes – Paula Deen
75. Chocolate Cupcakes with Pumpkin Whipped Cream – Family Fresh Cooking
76. Pumpkin Creme Brûlée – Table for Two Blog
77. Dulce de Leche Pumpkin Toffee Pie – Recipe Girl
78. Caramel Spiced Pumpkin Parfait – The Slow Roasted Italian
79. Vegan Pecan Pumpkin Pie – Whole Foods
80. Pumpkin Cupcakes – Laura in the Kitchen
81. Pumpkin Griddle Cakes – Reader’s Digest/Vegetables for Vitality
82. Double Decker Pumpkin Caramel Pie – Recipe Girl
83. Pumpkin Roll – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
84. Pumpkin Pudding – Simply Gourmet
85. Pumpkin Puree – Fine & Feathered
86. Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream – Foodie with Family
87. Pumpkin Soup with Veggies, Ginger & Thyme – Tales of a Kitchen
88. Inside-Out Pumpkin Muffins – King Arthur Flour
89. Sweet & Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – DR Food Blog
90. Gluten Free Pumpkin Corn Bread – Recipe Girl
91. Luscious Four-Layer Pumpkin Cake – Kraft
92. Pumpkin Fudge – Brown Eyed Baker
93. Paradise Pumpkin Pie – Better Homes & Gardens
94. Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Brownies – Beantown Baker
95. Pumpkin Gingerbread Waffles – Jelly Toast
96. Roasted Pumpkin Salad – 101 Cookbooks
97. Moist Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting – The Pioneer Woman
98. Bourbon Pumpkin Tart with Walnut Streusel Recipe – Taste of Home
99. Pumpkin Shake – Martha Stewart
100. Pumpkin Cake Pops – Melissa d’Arabian