Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!! Baked chips are a healthy and easy way of using up left over tortillas.
Don’t under estimate the power of being a blonde!! A few years ago I asked my husband, “What day is Cinco de Mayo on?” True story. No hablo Espanol…and sometimes no hablo common sense! Hahaha, duh!
Stack tortillas and slice them into fourths.
Spread pieces out onto a baking tray.
And bake until lightly golden brown. Mine took 10 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Anthony Bourdain…His perspective on things is always so realistic and honest. He recently wrote an interesting blog post about Mexicans and Mexico: Under the Volcano.
- 8 taco sized corn tortillas
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut tortillas into fourths. Stack and cut all at once.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake until lightly golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed plastic bag.
- Baking time will vary due to variances in oven temperature. Watch closely at the 8 minute mark because they will burn fast!