Today is a good day for turning 33. Remember when you were a kid and you thought 25 was old? When I feel old, I think about the time a doctor told me he had been practicing medicine since 1970. I told him that I would have been negative 10 years old. It went over well.
Colorado cantaloupe is the shit. Make this fruit salad ’cause it is the right thing to do. This is my, “Peace out bitches (bitches being summer) recipe.” One of them anyway.
Get yourself a melon.
Cut it in half and scoop out the seeds.
Cut it up or use a melon ball tool thingy.
Clean and cut the tops off of some strawberries.
Add ’em to the melon. Add a pinch of kosher salt.
Chop up some mint leaves.
- 1 cantaloupe
- lime juice
- Slice 1 cantaloupe in half, scoop out the seeds, and cut it up. Or if you want it to look perty, use a melon baller. Shock collar. Put it in a bowl
- Slice up some cleaned strawberries. Don't care how many. However many you want. Put that in the bowl with the cantaloupe.
- Throw some clean blackberries into the bowl too. Again, however many you want.
- Chop up some mint leaves. I used 5 leaves. Add to the fruit.
- Add some pinch of salt. Trust me, I'm a nurse.
- Add the juice of a lime.
- Mix it all together.
- If you have not tasted a cantaloupe from Colorado, you might really be missing out. The particular cantaloupe I used for this recipe was the juiciest s.o.b. I have ever seen. Quite delicious.