Distraught, disappointed, devastated, inconsolable, and with a possible case of Takotsubo’s, I am back to reality after going to Sunday’s game to watch my team completely collapse in front of millions of people. Would I do it again? Hell yeah!!! It’s the Super Bowl and it was an amazing experience….up until the first snap. It was all a downhill shit storm from there…..If you too, are mourning this loss, or any loss for the matter, are in the midst of a blizzard, influenza, cold, or just in the mood for some soup, make this, have yourself a good cry, and carry on.
Plus, this chicken soup recipe is easy and doesn’t involve boiling any bones or carcasses….
and serve it up!!!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots or carrot hearts if you're feeling crafty
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 cooked chicken breasts chopped into chunks (p.s., I use rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup uncooked fjdkjf pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a soup pot and add onions and garlic.
- Cook on low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes until soft and aromatic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add carrots, celery, thyme, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and add the pasta.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- Add chicken and cook 1 minute longer until chicken is warmed through.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the thyme leaves.