Because it’s 50 degrees below with the windchill and you wanna be eating crepes in the south of France and you can’t because you have no money, can’t find your damn passport, and just can’t right now because of the requirements of being a responsible adult.
They’re really easy to make.
Add batter ingredients to a blender and mix for about 10 seconds or if you have a fancy blender, push the “batter” button.
Refrigerate batter for 1 hour. Just put the whole blender container in the fridge. Don’t dirty up another bowl.
Decide what you want to fill them with and get ingredients ready before you start cooking the crepes. Today I used Nutella and bananas.
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Melt a dab of butter in the pan.
Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, dip it into the batter and add it to the pan.
Quickly tilt the pan in a circular motion to evenly distribute the batter.
Cook until the edges start to pull away from the pan, about 30-45 seconds.
Flip and cook for another 20-30 seconds.
Add each crepe to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm in between.
I add butter to the pan about every 3 crepes or so.
You can either add filling and roll it up like a burrito or add filling to the top fourth and fold in half twice….
To look like this. Add some bananas and Nutella over the top with some powder sugar.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk (I use 2%)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of melted unsalted butter + additional butter (~ 1 tablespoon) to add to skillet
- pinch salt
- Add ingredients to a blender and blend for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Prep filling. Chop fruit, etc….
- Heat a 9-10 inch NON-STICK skillet over medium heat.
- Add a dab of butter and melt.
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to pan and quickly swirl to evenly distribute in pan.
- Cook for 30-45 seconds until edges start to come away from the pan.
- Flip and cook for an additional 20-30 seconds.
- Set a side on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Keep going until you run out of batter!
- I melt a dab of batter every 2-3 crepes.
- I've never made crepes and NOT had to trash the first crepe.
- For a savory crepe, omit the vanilla and sugar. Unless you're a weirdo.
- Makes about 6-7 crepes.